The Blume Team specializes in working with those of us over 55 to assess housing alternatives such as “downsizing” or moving to a “retirement community”.
The assessment process and challenge are considerably more complicated and emotional than for a young first time home buyer. Specifically, there are financial, social, health, family, security, transportation, various services, and timing considerations that require evaluation to ensure a “move in the right direction” is evaluated. In summary, we will work with you to:
- Determine if a change in housing is a “move in the right direction” (typically 6 months to 2-year planning horizon);
- Address fear of change issues and mitigation strategies;
- Identify the local services applicable for your needs (home care organizations, handyman and home maintenance services);
- Define benefits and marketing viability of making changes to your existing residence commensurate with your needs;
- Evaluate the housing market and retirement communities, and develop alternatives for your consideration;
- Evaluate the array of options available to finance a housing transition including the use, benefits, and issues regarding reverse mortgages, bridge loans, asset-based loans, and interim housing alternatives;
- Refer trusted legal, financing, planning, and accounting resources to complement your needs as appropriate;
- Develop a customized transition plan, a strategic deliverable for our client’s use.
- The Blume Team is composed of Senior Real Estate Specialists (SRES) trained staff, a National Association of Realtors designation, that provides confidence that all relevant issues will be identified and evaluated in a passionate manner.
Ron Blume, and his wife Melissa, have extensive experience in facilitating the emotional and complex process of “downsizing” or transitioning to “retirement living” housing. As seniors ourselves, our desire is to provide real estate services to guide homeowners through similar situations in re-aligning their individual housing needs with their retirement goals.
The Blume Team provides free non-promotional seminars at senior centers, churches, and social clubs addressing housing transition topics including:
- Transitions in Our Lives
- Importance of Housing
- Alternative Housing Choices
- Why Move?
- Common Fears & Concerns
- Mitigating Fears
- Moving and Logistics Concerns
Give us a call for the next scheduled seminar or any question.
Find Out What Your Home is Worth
WELCOME TO THE BLUME TEAM WEBSITE
Buying or Selling, Call Today! (214) 585-3218 / (214) 280-8925